by Aline Kelly
Hip Cross Carry (HCC) is a supportive, poppable hip carry that is tied with a mid-length woven wrap, usually a size 4 or 5. If you're familiar with the Front Cross Carry, this is the same, except with modifications to situate it on the hip. The HCC is a good carry for nursing and for trips outside the house, since you can pop baby in and out as needed.
- Drape your wrap over one shoulder at the middle marker.
- Bring both tails to your opposite hip and cross them over each other in an X shape.
- Circle the tails around your waist until both ends are back at the hip where you made the X. Tie a loose double knot.
- Situate baby into the X, inner pass first, spreading the wrap from knee to knee as you go.
- Tighten up the wrap where needed and tighten your knot under baby's bum (if you have extra length you can tie elsewhere).
- Spread the wrap across your back, cup your shoulder if you like, and make any other adjustments for your comfort.