by Aline Kelly
- Get baby on your back using your preferred method, create a deep seat from knee to knee, and bring both tails UNDER your arms.
- Securing one tail, spread the other tail diagonally across your chest and up over the opposite shoulder.
- Spread the wrap down across baby's back and bum and tuck it under the opposite knee.
- Secure this tail and repeat these instructions on the other side.
- Tie a double knot in front.
- Instead of crossing the passes on your chest, you can tie a half knot or do a twist.
Photo and video instructions:
This is a popular recent variation of the BWCC. It recreates the look of the sweetheart necklines you see on dresses and gowns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgB-g92bGDg (emwhist) - despite wonky sound, this is considered THE instructional video for Sweetheart BWCC.
http://slingingjoey.blogspot.ca/2013/05/tutorial-back-wrap-cross-carry-with.html - Photo instructions
Melissa's Sweetheart BWCC (sling ring required):
Xena BWCC (ring at chest):